Who takes this course?
This stand-alone non-accredited Drug & Alcohol Education Awareness for Employees course is designed to educate employees at all levels across all industries on the effects of drug and alcohol misuse, and its impact on both physical and mental health and safety in the workplace.
We will contextualise the course to include an overview of the Drug & Alcohol Testing process during your presentation, which includes either:
- Breath alcohol testing
- Breath alcohol and oral fluid testing
- Breath alcohol and urine testing.
The session also informs participants about their rights, obligations, confidentiality, privacy, and other important aspects of the Australian Testing Standards., privacy and other important aspects of the Australian Testing Standards.
What will I learn?
While Drug & Alcohol Education Awareness for Employees can be modified to suit your workplace, the course is designed to promote:
- The purpose of having drug and alcohol testing policies and procedures
- How drugs and alcohol can affect health and safety in the workplace
- An overview of the different types of drugs (including alcohol) and the effect each
has on the body
- An understanding of the drug and alcohol testing process
- Promoting of a safer and more productive workplace for themselves and their
- Employee Assistance Programs and access to general assistance services.
All sessions are conducted by our team of highly experienced trainers.
How do I get certified?
Upon completion of this unit, AusHealth supplies each participant with a certificate of completion that can be used for both professional development and or internal client compliance.